Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

EDIC STEALTH 1700S Bladder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2004 at 12:57am
You will not kill yourself using a portable, nor will you risk the health of your customers. 

I don't know what area you work in, but doug and I work in very different environments.  Doug's points are valid for the type of area he works in.  If I lived in the Snowy Mountains of Victoria (Australia) then his points would apply to me.

However, even in our dry South Australian climate, if you drop too much water, you can have mould growth, which can happen even with a truckmount.  It depends on the operator.

If you use a portable, don't get lazy and keep it in your van with three or four lengths of hose running.  I only use one length of hose myself.

Because of this post, (big thanks to doug), I would place my portable outside a residence (for venting purposes) if it required: cold and damp climates, working on dog or cat urine soaked carpet, etc...

It HAS come up.  What if I vented the urine stench from the room it resided in to ... say... their clothes closet?  Not smart.  Even if the portable was in the same room, I'd not be doing the best job I could.

Good luck,

Allen
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2004 at 10:09pm

Allen: You used my name twice in your post.  I am not sure if that is good or bad??Guitar

Just My opinion
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2004 at 11:24pm
That's Mr. Surround Sound to you.

I used it THREE times, however you may not be counting the parentheticals as they (to some) exist ouside of the main body of text.

-Allen
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2004 at 3:19pm
ALLEN, ALLEN, ALLEN:  I completely forgot.  Mr. Surround Sound.  How I certainly I forgot how to address you.  I am glad you reminded me.  As I would not want to insult you and not get your handle correct.  Glad things are still going in your favor.Guitar
Just My opinion
Suction View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2004 at 11:50pm
I just got into the business...now I think I should get out, before I hurt somebody

Edited by Suction
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2004 at 8:39am
Suction:

Yeah... maybe it's time to cut your losses.  I almost ran over someone's toe while bringing in my portable.

Cheers!

Allen

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2004 at 10:35am
he must of cut his losses... hasn't been on in a while
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2004 at 6:20pm
Either that, or he's still following my instructions to set up his killer portable.

?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12