Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

fill and dump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ream57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fill and dump
    Posted: 12/October/2007 at 10:10am
Where can I get a fill and dump attachment for my portable? I'm thinking of getting a booster and 50' hose aswell so that I can just leave the porty in the truck, what do you guys think?
I got money in the bank, but E on the tank.
Sponsored Links

safety1910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safety1910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2007 at 11:25am
I was thinking of doing the same thing....what I can gather in talking with people and reading this board is that a porty is crap after 50' of hose. Because my budget office is refusing to give me any more monies...,ha ha ha,....I am having to go with a porty system too. I thought about leaving a porty in my van to make the customer think I am dragging in hoses from a truckmount system....then in speaking with the folks who have hauled a porty for years, they recommended I put no longer than 50' of hose on my porty. Boils down to learning your system, believeing in your system, selling it to the customer, and doing a heck of a job. good luck and let us know what you do.    
Dan
Ream57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ream57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2007 at 3:40pm

What i've gathered from the board is that a porty can do the same thing a Truckmount can do, it just take 2 or 3 times longer, personally my porty works beautiful and I don't even have heat!  I just want to add a booster because that way I won't lose any suction with a 50' hose and fill and dump attachment so I don't have to worry about that. I just want my jobs to be alot faster because even though my porty does a great job, I feel like jobs take too long. I just don't know where to get a fill and dump attachment for my porty and I also want to know what the other guys on the board think first, especially someone that has used this type of setup or is currently using this setup right now.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2007 at 11:56pm
Get the booster from Ed.. Or Ted.. Is that what i said.!!LOL 

Ream57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ream57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2007 at 6:45am
what about the fill and dump attachment, I haven't seen those anywhere...where do you find those?
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2007 at 10:12am
Never heard of it.. You have a dump valve.. fill it with a garden hose from the kitchen faucet.. take off airater on faucet connect your adaptor then your garden hose run to your solution tank with a shut off valve adaptor at the fill end so you dont overflow like I did a few times and lost the customer forever..

Ream57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ream57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2007 at 10:22am

Where do I get a shutoff valve adapter and what about dumping is there any rig for that?

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2007 at 11:05am
Hardware store.. This is a dual shut off.. they have the singles..

Ream57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ream57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2007 at 11:16am

OK thanks, I'll try that out... what about dumping do you know any rig for that or is that always gonna be manual?

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2007 at 12:57pm

Manual.. right in the 5gal bucket..

Post Reply Post Reply