Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Courses not available.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTDEVIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Courses not available.
    Posted: 24/February/2004 at 4:00pm

I'm planning to start my cleaning company in Calgary but the first difficulty I've encountered is that there are no courses available. Only Fibreclean, thru the IICRC is just planning to offer a 2 day course on carpet cleaning in May.  It is dissapointing. And you guys in the East are offered courses continually. Congratulations ! My question is : are there any on-line seminars I can get ? Any learning material I can buy ? Thanks. I'll be asking some more questions about the technical stuff later. One at a time. Thanks. 

Westdevil
Sponsored Links

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2004 at 9:52pm

Try here for a couple of classes http://www.cleancareseminars.com/

Try www.a2zcarpet.com  for a few more.

And the latest addition to the crowd is http://principalfocus.com .This latest addition has only one class so far, carpet cleaning, and is created by Ed and Wanda York who started the IICRC. It offers ICR certification and a mentoring program too.

Cd-Ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cd-Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2004 at 4:30pm

When I lived in Calgary and worked for RAM Cleaning Services they paid me to go to the iicrc Upholstery cleaning course though Fibreclean. It was a very intense 2 day course but well worth the time as I also got my certification there.

If you can get in one of those courses when they do come around, I would suggest it.

Take Care

-Ron H.

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2004 at 9:02pm

You can subscribe to trade journals. They sell educational material and keep you up-to-date with what's new.

Here are a couple good links for you...

http://www.cleanfax.com
http://www.icsmag.com

WESTDEVIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTDEVIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2004 at 11:41pm

Thanks to LeeS, Cd-Ron, and Carpetologist, you gave me far more information than expected, I will plunge into these places right away !

Westdevil
BudW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BudW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2004 at 5:43pm
Find someone "knowledgable" ask around..see who does great work and pick thier brains,if they let you
 Post Reply Post Reply