Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Can't figure out what this is?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't figure out what this is?
    Posted: 28/June/2007 at 10:14pm
CGD nylon 15 years old. This is not flood damage.

http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
Sponsored Links

Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 10:20pm
Is this a home, hotel, office ??????   
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 10:34pm
Hotel
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 10:45pm
What's on the other side of that wall?

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 10:47pm
I would say that the traffic area is to a washroom. I would also say the floor behind gets scrubbed & waxed very often. check what the backing is on that 15 year old CGD. I would hazzard a guess that something is wicking from under the walls. did someone use gallons of water to strip the wallpaper or to wash the walls at one time?? In that enterance take a good light and rule out any shadows I believe it is called metamarisim. But Lee will clear this whole matter up in seconds?
Just My opinion
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 10:50pm
This is throughout the hotel not just near the washrooms - not a flooded out bathroom.

Not light related as it is in hallways not exposed to outside light. Someone else suggested pesticides.

What's metamarisnm?
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 10:51pm
   Metamerism is the situation where two color samples with different spectral power distributions appear to be the same color when viewed side by side. A spectral power distribution describes the proportion of total light emitted, transmitted or reflected by a color sample at every visible wavelength; it precisely defines the light from any physical stimulus. However, the human eye contains only three color receptors (cones), which means all colors are reduced to three sensory quantities, called the tristimulus values. Metamerism occurs because each type of cone responds to the cumulative energy from a broad range of wavelengths, so that different combinations of light across all wavelengths can produce an equivalent receptor response and the same tristimulus values or color sensation. Two spectrally different color samples that visually match are metamers.

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 10:56pm
If you say so

When was the condition of the carpet first apparent?

The STD Meter
hcciam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcciam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 11:01pm
has that already been cleaned?  Or is that the before pic?  
Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 11:04pm
Since no one knows anything and they have a new maintance manager its hard to say. It looks to me that it has been there a few years and it is on multiple types of carpet.
They own a portable that they claim they use on some of the sleeping rooms - I wonder if they tried to clean the halls and used some nasty stuff and also left it wet.
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 11:05pm
That's todays pix of Dunsmuir and I haven't done it yet Ron. I think it has been cleaned since the damage.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 11:08pm
I agree with Doug. Something from under the wall has leeched out and into the carpet.

The STD Meter
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 11:09pm
Through the whole hotel?
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/June/2007 at 11:15pm
That particular hallway appears that way.

Is the texture different in those areas?

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>