Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Tips for successful agency nursing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips for successful agency nursing
    Posted: 18/April/2007 at 3:29am

Having signed on with a nursing agency, make sure you nail these basics.

Know the ancillary staff members and their roles. When you're assigned to a new hospital, or a new unit, go to the nurse, manager or unit secretary to find out who does what. Learn their names and use them. Then locate the policy and procedure manuals. Then use them.

Even if it's different from what you know, as long as it's reasonable, safe, and legal, follow hospital policy. Don't try to implement the policies of one hospital in another without going through the proper channels. Be open-minded. Your way may not always be the best way, so be flexible enough to learn new skills from the hospital staff.

Be patient and don't complain. Most hospitals try to give agency nurses manageable assignments. But if your assignment is overwhelming, discuss your concerns with the agency to prevent that situation from happening again.

Get oriented as soon as possible. If your agency doesn't provide a formal orientation when you work at a new location, arrive early for your first shift to orient yourself. Find out who to use as a resource person. For example, the charge nurse may orient you to the unit equipment, code cart, telephone paging system, charting system, and any special codes. But be prepared for the expectation that you'll be productive immediately.

Chart thoroughly and accurately. Although most hospitals use a flow sheet or checklist charting system, be as thorough as possible and use narrative charting to address patient issues. Document everything.

Use the pharmacy as a resource. As an agency nurse, you'll administer various medications. If you're not sure about the actions and interactions of a drug you're administering, ask the pharmacist or refer to a comprehensive and current pharmacology reference.

Be prepared and identifiable. Take your own equipment-stethoscope, and so on-to every assignment. Always display your identification prominently on your uniform.

For more info visit: How To Start A Nursing Agency 
Sponsored Links

Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2007 at 6:01am
What board am I on ?      
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2007 at 9:36am
It's the "How to start a nursing agency" board, silly. Where did you think you were?

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2007 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

It's the "How to start a cursing agency" board, silly. Where did you think you were?

Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2007 at 7:50pm
this must be a joke
www.mr-steamer.com
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2007 at 9:14pm
When I was very very little I especially liked nursing.
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2007 at 10:17pm
When you were very young were you called Pilelifter??
Just My opinion
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2007 at 12:07am
At an early age I was a t!t man but now I'm an a$$ man.
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2007 at 12:46am
We got it

The STD Meter
Thang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2007 at 1:28am
He likes big butts and cannot lie.

Tap Out Or Pass Out!!!
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2007 at 10:31am
J Lo?

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2007 at 10:52am
Hard to be two things at once
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2007 at 2:35pm
STT can be broke and a scammer at the same time

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2007 at 3:59pm
I thought he was rich and famous at the same time
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>