Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Doing Upholstery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2007 at 7:17pm

Thats where I think you are wrong Douguy...a lot of cleaners out here do good work...and it all depends on the need for money.

I know a guy with a portable machine...his goal is to make $500 a week
I've seen his work I know he does a good job...

he'll do 5 rooms hall and steps for $75  why???? because he doesn't need to make more.

he's not low balling he is just priced way less....upstealing isn't a part of his program it's just good honest cleaning..

Doug now that you have move to the front of the class...let me ask you this.....

How many cleaners from the GTA do you actually know???

there only a few on this board...I think I only know of Lee...would you call Lee a crook????

I think someone along the way has done you some wrong douguy we are not all rip off artist.

My room rate is not a loss leader...that is the chunck of the money I make.....I charge 12.50 per room for gard and 5 dollar per room for deo..

I ask I don't push.

and don't think the customers don't push back...they are always looking for deals even to last last minute..

WAKE UP!

Edited by MR. STEAMER - 27/January/2007 at 7:18pm
www.mr-steamer.com
Sponsored Links

pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2007 at 7:51pm
Steamer a couple of things come to mind
Why not develop some higher end clients by buying the sales manager or owner of a furniture store or carpet store lunch. You build the relationship and also should get higher end customers. People in these situations are not comodity driven they are quality driven.

The other thing is that you could work closer to some of the better realtors. I think most of them are flakes but all you need is a few good ones. No doubt you are in a tough market.
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2007 at 11:14pm
PD GTA is a place built on deals...like it or not thats just the way it is
www.mr-steamer.com
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/January/2007 at 11:17pm
That's what I mean - go make some deals.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2007 at 9:55am
Mr. Steamer I guess we all have to do things that work where we operate. The thing that really bothers me is how you can offer a premium service well above the room chasers and still compete with them. when most of them hardly know if the water comes before the cleaner? I wish you luck as only you will know what is going to work in your service area?
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2007 at 10:24am

Really and trully it isn't as bad as it seems here in the GTA its not like the states where 5.99 a room is the going rate.  The problem here is you have big companies like Sears and The Bay and Home Depot that charge too cheap for their service.

I've tried to charge .35 cents a sq ft...but it doesn't work...people have the mentality that "why should I pay you that SEARS doesn't even charge that much"

In the States Sears might be a joke...but in the GTA they are the ones that are getting most of the calls..

I don't think any company in the GTA can say they are booking 90 to 100 calls a day.

if you think of their job average of around $150....which I think now is a bit higher... thats 13 to 15 thousand dollars a day np. Just booked no upsells

think of a small area like Oakville Burlington...they make a min of 10 000 a week no matter how slow it is...

10,000 a week WOW for only 110 thousand homes..and 2 trucks

how many of us can do that???

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2007 at 11:02am
Mr. Steamer: At least we are consistant we have this debate at least twice a year. Low and behold we both seem to be around each time it comes up? In an 8 hr day 6 jobe @ $150.00 ea. That is about 3/4 of an hr from drive in drive out not including travel? If that is quality work I guess I am just tooo slow? I am not looking for an argument here I just can't seem to get this into my head the speed at which these jobs are done with 2 trucks?
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2007 at 11:50pm
actually doug...most times the drive is no more than 15 maybe 20 mins max...

If you have a good booker it can make all of the difference...

most of my calls are 5 mins away..

when busy I start at 8am....

8-9
9-11
11-1
12-2
1-3
3-5...

thats your six calls

or
8-9
9-11
10-12
1-3
2-4
3-5
if you do the 7th call4-6
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2007 at 7:39am
Too full of a day for me??
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2007 at 8:40am
I thought you could do 20 drive bys in a day

The STD Meter
G&M Cleaning View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G&M Cleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2007 at 5:51pm
Enough already with the back and forth nonesence
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2007 at 8:33pm
Where we going back to?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2007 at 8:41pm
The future?
Just My opinion
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2007 at 9:21pm
How come if we keep going back and forth we still get lost?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>