Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Ok gals, todays lesson is jet size and wands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DevilDogTodd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ok gals, todays lesson is jet size and wands
    Posted: 22/January/2007 at 9:35pm
I have read with much humor on some of the BB's about how great the six jet Ti Wand is. LOL. A certain group of people have tried to spread the word about how great this wand is...but they are the same people that think you need a 27 step cleaning process and a WHORETEX to clean well.

Well, today I am going to set you straight on jet size and why MOST of you are really missing the boat when it comes to this issue.

First of all what matters most is what happens at the CARPET....not the temp gauge on the machine. You can do these test for yourself and you'll find EXACTLY what I have found.

1. If you are using #1 jets or #1.5 jets are you not doing yourself any favors at all. None. Nadda. Zippo. A #1.5 simply produces a spray pattern that is too weak to do much penetration of the fibers unless you are moving the wand really slow or are at 700 PSI or so.

Do this test: Take a four or six jet wand and use #1 jets. Put your hand under the wand, at the carpet, and have someone pull the trigger. Then do the same thing with the SAME setup except use 1.5's as your jets. You will notice a fairly significant difference in how hard the water hits your hand compared to the #1's. And you should also feel a bit more heat. Why? Because the water droplet size is 50% larger and the droplet size maintains more heat to the carpet.

There are some from other BB's that think their big bad 14 inch six jet wands with 1.5's are flowing a lot of water. Well, that is true compared to most cleaners. But that water is NOT penetrating very deeply unless the wand is moved really slow. The spray pattern does NOT hit the carpet with enough force to clean deep. This is pretty easy to prove to be honest.

So what should YOU do if you want to be able to flush well AND move the wand at a decent speed? The first thing is throw away the ridiculous 1.5's most of you use and IMMEDIATELY go to #2's. If you are running a two jet wand you should move to at least #3's. If you have a four jet wand then go to at LEAST #2's. And if you have the HIGHLY overrated six jet TiWand....go to at LEAST #2's.

The four jet wands can even go to #3's and perform really well. Now of course if you have a pu**y machine that can't recover well you will need to make some improvement there also. We'll go over the simplest BEST ways to do that next Monday.

Let's get something else clear. What the temp says on the gauge at the machine is USELESS. You don't clean at the machine you clean at the carpet.

I run a Genesis 59. With four #2 jets at 500 to 600 PSI we routinely maintain 260 ATM and that is only running at 2500 RPM's. But the most important thing is the temp at the carpet. The MORE water you flow to the carpet the hotter the temps you get to the carpet, especially if the droplet size is decent. The droplet size for a 1.5 jet is comical.  Why? When you flow water faster through the hoses, especially when it is cold out, you lose LESS heat from the machine to the wand. And when the jets are larger you lose LESS heat from the jets to the carpet.

Even with four #2 jets we are now going to four #3 jets.  We have tested this. The cleaning is faster and more thorough.

So there you have it. You can go to a couple specific BB's on carpet cleaning and here a bunch of B.S. about how much a guy is flowing with his mighty six jet TiWand...but you need to REALLY know the truth.

Flowing a bunch of water that does NOT penetrate deep is of little use to deep thorough cleaning, which many guys advertise.  LOL.

And if you DON'T believe me...do the test yourself.

Now some of you may wonder what kind of dry times we get. Let me tell you this. I live in a VERY high humidity part of the country. We routinely get two hour or less dry times and many times the dry times are less than an hour.  Yes, that is with airflow. But the point is that we are NOT overwetting the carpet and causing long dry times.

Like I said above, we will go over how to simply and fairly effectively increase your vac without spending much money. It makes a large difference.

So, if you have the comical #1's or #1.5's...get RID of them. Now. And get into the 21st century of cleaning.

DevilDog

Edited by DevilDogTodd - 22/January/2007 at 9:39pm
Sponsored Links

pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 9:52pm
Hey sh*thead we don't apprciate being talked down to. Go bother another board or is this the last one you haven't been kicked off of, YET.

Edited by pilediver - 22/January/2007 at 9:59pm
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 9:59pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 23/November/2007 at 4:15pm
GREEN_CLEAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GREEN_CLEAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 10:29pm
go back under the rock your father jerked off on to make you
DevilDogTodd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DevilDogTodd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 10:37pm
LMAO! You all know you at least paid attention!! Hilarious.

By the way, more than a few private emails thanking me for the post on a board that is absolutely DEAD.

Tune in next Monday for your lesson on vac. And by the way, most of you are clueless. I have read thousands upon thousands of post on this board and other bb's.

Many of you really need some help.

Hey NR, still think taking 15% off your clients LOWEST quote is a good idea. LOL!

I read your reasoning and why you think it works. Let me tell you this...only a complete IDIOT would accept the numbers and the reasoning you posted there.

I showed that post to a well know and respected business person in this business and a number of others...his comments I can't even post here. But I will say one of them was "Who is THAT idiot!" LOL.

For the rest of you that appreciated the post....thanks, just put into effect what I said above.

Stay tuned for next weeks vac post. You'll get the REAL truth and answers here.

Not some CRAP from someone that sells glides, hose, and Bayco valves.

Till then. Life is good for me. Hope it is for one or two of you!

DevilDog
Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 10:38pm
Tough room....

C'mon guys, Dont you guys appreciate some good info?? I for one am here to learn new stuff.....
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 10:40pm
This d**khead kinda reminds me of Super Dave Osborne.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DevilDogTodd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 10:41pm
Ya, they appreciate it. They just can't get themselves to admit they paid attention to a post from me!!

Anyway, take it easy. Do the test I mentioned and you'll see that I am right. I don't sell anything. I don't have friends that sell anything.

Unlike some of others on CERTAIN BB's that are named after them...I have no agenda other than to inform.

See ya all next Monday.

DevilDog

P.S.- Even you PileDriver and NR. I know you are approaching a man crush on me. LOL.
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 10:47pm
GFY
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 10:48pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 23/November/2007 at 4:16pm
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 10:53pm
Ninja it's not what he says its how he likes to shovel it down our throats. He makes it sound like he invented all this stuff and he out and out just called most of us stupid and misinformed. He also slammed the other boards that he was rightfully booted off of. There is plenty of information that you can get by searching this stuff on this board and others.

This meathead has been kicked off the other boards for the same crap he pulling here. We don't need to be addressed like that. If your look at the other board'ss posts from this Todd character you will know exactly what I mean. He's bad news.

Edited by pilediver - 22/January/2007 at 10:56pm
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 11:06pm
he must be Ken....

the funny thing is we don't even talk about carpet cleaning here...what a boob
www.mr-steamer.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DevilDogTodd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 11:09pm
LOL. You should....because it appears you talk about NOTHING here.

Do you people realize how LITTLE post there is here.

Just my two threads alone...this one...and NR ridiculous marketing comment....have gotten far more post than almost any three  threads combined.

LOL.

And again, like all BB's MOST of the members are lurkers. And it looks like many here appreciated what I had to say.

DevilDog

P.S.- My nature is to respond so I guess I MUST turn off the email notice. LOL. Makes me come back here far too often.
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2007 at 11:12pm
Good idea....... turn it off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>