Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Traffic Lanes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin Magee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic Lanes
    Posted: 07/December/2006 at 12:31am
Anybody got any ideas on cleaning traffic lanes / foot stains in front of recliners & chairs etc. What kind of products work best.
accutech
Sponsored Links

Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 12:53am
Lots of good presprays out their. something with a ph of 10 or greater.Dwell, Lots of agitation(rotory prefered) with pad or brush. Extract with rinse or emulsifier depending on soiling degree. Repeat if necessary. Or just get a rotovac 360. Not really that difficult, just remember TACTBig smile
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 1:55am
Ding! ding! ding! ding! Hammy gets the gold star!!!

I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 9:28am
Gasoline and a match always removes those nasty stains
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 9:44am
Or knife Big smile
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Kelvin Magee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin Magee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 4:34pm
 I have a rotovac which I use. Customers are amazed, just had a few carpets that I could not clean out the traffic lanes as much as I wanted to!I will have a 360 coming Monday
accutech
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 9:20pm
Kevin,

Hammy gave you some good advice...

I find no matter what you do or what you use on traffic areas when you think you are finished run a cotton pad over it and you will be amazed at the soil it picks up (also how much better the area looks).

The key here is cotton and not synthetic. The key is also oscillation and not necessarily rotary.

Post Reply Post Reply