Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Building an Extraction Machine - Need Vac Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Building an Extraction Machine - Need Vac Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpv65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Building an Extraction Machine - Need Vac Advice
    Posted: 06/December/2006 at 3:34am
Hi, I am sketching out my plans to build an extraction unit and I was wondering if anyone could assist me in selecting the vac motors.  I have decided that CFM is more important to me than water lift.  I plan on using two 3 motors in parallel.  I want at least 200 CFM.  Does anyone have any imput or brands that they would recommend?  I would appreciate any advice that you can offer.
Thanks, Pat
Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2006 at 10:24pm
Hate to tell you this, but using electric centrafugal motors if this is for a TM is not going to get you close to 200 cfm, at least not in use. The motors are rated at near 100 cfms each BUT NOT UNDER LOAD LIKE YOU NEED TO CLEAN WITH. The best you can hope for with 2 116 series 3 stage motors in parallel is 50 cfm while cleaning. If you want serious cfm(100 or greater) you need to step up to either a positive displacement blower machine or a 4 vacuum Beastmaster portable.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
jpv65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpv65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 3:53am
thank you for the reply.  I am actually trying to draw plans for a portable unit designed to run with 50 ft. of hose under usual circumstances.  I have owned a few portables and it just seems to simple to pay so much money for.  I have been running an RX20 off of a nice portable that has 3 inline 2 stage vacs.  I was hoping to go to two 3 stage vacs set up side by side to increase the airflow.  Is there a specific brand or size I should be looking for?  There are so many on the internet that I am feeling overwhelmed and pretty ignorant.  Any more advice?
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 10:26am
Yes. Buy either a used Recoil machine or a Mytee 1002C portable. The Recoil is set up with 3 motors in parallel, while the Mytee has 2 motors set up that way. Either will give you more cfms than machines that use the vacuum motors in series will. Look to pay $1000 or less to buy either if 2 years old. This way you can afford to change out the motors in them to restore close to original performance.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2006 at 7:44pm
Hi 65, Ametek lamb vacs is what your looking for. 3 stage either 116565-13 or 116765-13. the latter has more lift and uses more amps but has better water recovery and cost more. Also look for the highest air watts.. Look here >>

Edited by John L - 07/December/2006 at 7:44pm
jpv65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpv65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2006 at 10:48pm
Thanks for the advice.  It really helped me put this thing together.  This is a really neat forum
 Post Reply Post Reply