Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Advice on Portable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on Portable
    Posted: 26/September/2006 at 10:10pm
Started out with a Minuteman Ambassador self conained. Looking to upgrade to a portable for use with a Rotovac (standard or 360). I know I should get a TM but the budget is not quite there yet. I need an upgrade from what I have now, can't wait a few years until I can afford a truck mount. Just looking for opinions on what people have used and liked. Looking at a Recoil to leave in the enclosed trailer with the water tanks. I am doing mostly residential, apartment complexes mainly which get pretty bad. Looking for something I can leave in trailer hooked to a generator but something that I can also take in. TM isn't really practical anyway since some apartments I would need almost 300-400' feet of hose for some on the back side of the complexes due to poor parking layout. Seems kind of inconvenient to run that much hose, especially in the winter. Any input would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links

rhawkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2006 at 11:33pm
you need lots of cfm rather than lift for rotovac. recoil was made for what you describe.make sure you get the vac booster, then you will be complete. if you use the rotovac....plug off a jet on each side.way too much water.better yet use a small rotary for agitation, then wand. rotovacs are too slow.i own one

Edited by rhawkins - 27/September/2006 at 11:37pm
redhot
John Bolton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2006 at 1:42pm
I would certainly endorse the recommendation for a high airflow machine - and the Recoil 3 is certainly that. Although the external booster will add an additional 100cfm, thereby increasing efficiency at any hose length, I probably would only bother with it when working over 100' from the machine.
John Bolton MBICSc     
World of Clean
Cleantalk
 Post Reply Post Reply