Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Zep chems.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zep chems.
    Posted: 05/May/2006 at 3:58pm

Just an update, I have been in the studying mode for a few months, have the training manuals, videos, etc. and things are coming along quite good. Even cleaned a few homes, free of charge of course. Thanks guys for some good information. It's appreciated.

My question is this. Anyone use or has heard of Zep carpet cleaning chemicals ? If so, give me your thoughts. I can't seem to find any info on this particular line.   I'm thinking of using this line as I do have a connection there and it is nearby. Thanks.
Sponsored Links

huckmuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huckmuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2006 at 4:34pm
   Go to www.zep.com they have places all over Canada. But you might want to give chemspec-canada a try. They have good products and they also introduce a new line of products that clean great and they are safe for you and your customers. Call them and ask about ecogent and dfc products.
Huckmuck
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2006 at 4:50pm
DON'T EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ZEP CARPET CLEANING PRODUCTS..........ALTHOUGH THEY DO MAKE GOOD FLOOR PRODUCTS...WAXES, STRIPPERS, SEALERS.....................

NIGHTRIDER 
huckmuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huckmuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2006 at 4:59pm
You can also try nightrider's spray and peel.
Huckmuck
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2006 at 5:37pm
Zed

Maybe some one else can confirm this but in Canada Home Depot owns Zep and sells Zep through their stores.  I can only assume the same in the USA.

As I have said before many times, never use a machine or product that is in sight and readily available to your customer or next time you won't  be doing the cleaning.

Look at DFC heavy duty cleaner for effective and friendliness use.

Edited by Moderator2 - 05/May/2006 at 6:13pm
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2006 at 6:25pm
I DON'T KNOW IF H.D OWNS ZEP........ALL I KNOW ZEP IS ALL OVER THE STORE ON JUST ABOUT EVERY SHELF

IF YOU BUY CERAMIC TILES..NOT FAR TO THE RIGHT IS ZEP CERAMIC TILE CLEANER.........IF YOU WANT A LAWN MOWER......NOT FAR IS ZEP DEGREASER.........YOU GET THE IDEA

NIGHTRIDER
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2006 at 7:58pm
Zep's products are almost completely NPE free now.
The products at Home Depot are not as concentrated as their regular products.
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2006 at 9:13pm
I used to buy their crap direct from zep.....they must have given me 300 dollars of samples to try.........nothing worked...........they came to my customers to see for themselves....they just shook their heads and said they'll look into the formulas.............I even brought them samples of soiled carpet ......all to say.there products suck......case closed

Nightrider
Jim Darling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Darling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2006 at 8:39am
Ted - i was talking with someone in the US last week. No Home Depot does not own ZEP but they do buy $120 million from them / year. Not a bad account
Jim Darling
the_Zed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2006 at 10:28am
I have tried some of there spotters, as I've been practising removing stains, and they worked well.  The prespray and rinsing agent seemed to have worked well also, but then again, I've never used anything else in order to compare. I'll check out Chemspec.  Thanks guys.
EmpireMike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpireMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 2:27pm
i feel ZEP is ok for homeowners but not pro quality
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 3:25pm

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A HOMEOWNER CLEANING THEIR CARPETS THEMSELVES AND A PRO CLEANING THEM

NIGHTRIDER

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 3:36pm

MONEY  LOL

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 4:45pm
THAT'S RIGHT ADWA....THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE SO CALLED PRO GETS PAID....................THE JOB IS THE SAME........THE MACHINERY DOESN'T MAKE A sh*t DIFFERENCE....THE RESULT WOULD PROBABLY BE BETTER BY THE HOMEOWNER

NIGHTRIDER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>