Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Are you lads BRAINWASHED?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2004 at 10:12pm

Any chemicals can be made with the proper specs....Weak up people..it's called co-packing.....Slap on Chem-spec or pro chem or esteem on it and it triples the price.....

Why not buy factory direct...where you can get the savings.....

People & Standards You Can Trust
Sponsored Links

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2004 at 10:12pm

He'sscared to show an MSDS.

Maybe its full of butyls. Maybe its full of NPEs.

Who knows? Trust me.

Oh brother, answer Nightrider's question will ya.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2004 at 10:23pm

Hey let up.  You guys are looking for MSDS.  I am looking for a record of employment.  I was fired without just caues.  I believe in this provience you have the right to refuse.Don't you.

Stanley I don' thimk you can by chemicals with the exact mixture as chemspec from the company chemspec has a contract with or there would be trouble.  I could be wrong but I believe there would be a licenceing agreement to prevent this.

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2004 at 10:33pm

True thing Doug...but who's going to tell....I come from the land of co-packing...to Analise a product breakdown is very easy...all these companies have labs right on site...a few hours and the can give you an exact chemical breakdown of any product....

no secret sauce here.....lol a lot of the products we by are bogus  believe me I know...not ever thing is mixed to spec...not everything gets the very same dilution...it varies from batch to batch.

you must have noticed that 1 bottle of soap worked great....but the next time you bought it... it didn't work as great...

Msds are good but not always true...don't get caught up by fasle security...I know I was in the industry

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2004 at 10:34pm
Everything is not as black and as white as it seems
jackblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2004 at 11:15pm

I'm sure you all know this but in Canada the MSDS only has to list the harmful ingredients.

The product I was talking about for the restaurants has NO butyl.

And this whole thing about “licensing agreements” forget about it you’re not even close.

Next you guys will tell me SWISH makes their own chemicals LOL

jackblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/April/2004 at 11:20pm

Speaking of "batch to batch" Inconsistency

Ask yourself this...Is your chemical company ISO certified?????

http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/ISOOnline.openerpage

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2004 at 12:13am

Listen JackBlack.....are you just going to ramble on about junk that means nothing......what are the prices, the specs, and is this stuff liquid or powder. You seem to just go round and round in circles and say zipity doo....nothing at all. PRICE AND SPECS OR SHUT UP ABOUT WHAT YOU USE.........PUT UP.....OR SHUT UP.

nightrider

Jim Darling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Darling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2004 at 11:23am

This has been a very intersting thread to follow. Seeing as many of you are talking about chemistry I feel somewhat compelled to respond.

I can't speak about other chemical companies because I don't know them. I only know about our company.

Someone talked about Heinz ketchup in a different topic I beleive. We all know that Heinz is the market leader. If it was so easy to copy then we could all find the same taste for a lower cost. I have tried all of the others and there is only one heinz, in my opinion.

I have learned over my 25 years in the business that the world of chemistry is very complex. At Chemspec we are proud of several things we do. Quality is certainly very high on our list. No product is ever packaged that does not meet our pre determined specs. All raw materials must meet specs that we have set up prior to manufacture. We use absolutely no fillers in any product. Fillers are inexpensive materials that add weight or volume, bring the price down but contribute nothing to cleaning

In the past, we have refused raw materials that did not meet our specs. We have also not packaged products because they did not meet our standards. In the world of chemicals, it is very easy to contact people and get "a formula" This does mean the product will work to your liking - it just means that it will clean something.

Saying that all chemicals are the same is like saying all carpet cleaners are the same. Neither statement holds water. Saying that it is easy to break down and copy chemicals is almost an impossibility. We have products with upwards of 16 or 17 ingredients in them. taking them to a lab and getting them analyized is next to impossible. There are lots of solutions that you can choose from. There are, however, very few chemical companies that employ the high standards that I would assume anyone in this business would like.

Jim Darling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Darling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2004 at 11:24am
I forgot - Yes Swish does make them own chemicals. They have a large plant located in PETERBOROUGH. They also sell or supply other cleaning solutions as well.
Jim Darling
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2004 at 6:33pm

Obviously KK must stick up for consistent quality products or I would be on the street doing magic with my monkey.

Just this week one of my customers who left my products for something that appeared better and cheaper. He called me to ask me how he could correct a serious problem that just somehow appeared after he cleaned it. How could it be his fault he said. After I asked him many questions that were getting us nowhere.

I said what color is the mess that was created. He said "Yello". I said what is the color and concentration you are using. A LONG PAUSE, then he said Yellow.

I think he got the answer and the replacement value of the carpeting is $10,000.00

How much has he really saved? Sooner or later it has been our experience that you will eventually pay-the-price when you go for the inconsistent and unknown.

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2004 at 7:21pm

Thats why you should just keep it simple...mild soap....mild soap...mild soap ...mild soap I can't say it enough...I test it right on my own skin...if it rashes I don't use it...all you should carry in your truck is ...

soap...a solvent for removing ink and waxed based stains....a little brown out(but if you smart you'll never use it for your own jobs), some blood remover. and Haitian cotton...oh yeah Gard and deo...

Sorry Jim and Ted...I can't really comment on chem specs standards because I have nothing to compare it to. 

I know anything can be analyzed and broken right down....you shouldn't have to do that, but the chemical companies don't like to show their ingredients and the percentages...they should but they don't...cuz any other company would be able to make that product....

There's a lot of things that go into making a cleaning solotion...unless your a chemist and can identify each ingredient...who knows whats hurting you from whats not.

I care about my own heath...the less chemicals I use, the longer I will live on this planet...

My Godfather always said"it's not the song it's the singer"

it's not the cheap chemicals it's the user

Edited by Stanley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Darling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2004 at 7:34pm

Stanley

Keeping it simple is something I would definitely agree with. As far as ingredient disclosure is concerned my feeling is thyat long term this will change as well.

The laws in Canada are such that we have to tell you about any hazardous ingredient that is in a percentage greater than 1%. This is far more than you will ever see from a US MSD sheet. One of the quirks of all laws is that you will never see any perfume listed on any MSD sheet. The funny thing here is that if anyone is chemically sensitive then the perfumes just might be the first thing they are sensitive to. Trying to get info from a perfume supplier is next to impossible.

My guess is that products like ECOgent will help change the way people look at things. All it takes is the poilitical will. Any product in the food store must list all ingredients for health and safety reasons. Surely we can't be that far behind

Jim Darling
Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2004 at 7:48pm

See Jim thats my back ground food.....and even they don't list everything...trust me I know....

ISO standards......no comment

nothing happens until someone gets hurt...

I'm not here to shoot down anyone....but everything never gets listed....we play Russian roulette everyday and we don't know it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>