Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

build a righteous TM ride?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: build a righteous TM ride?
    Posted: 12/January/2006 at 12:12am

Better known as pimp my TM. 

OK I got a nice 2 year old Aquatec shaft driven unit in a 2003 1 Ton with 1500 hours and its good unit - 185 degrees and its got decent vacuum BUT, have you ever wanted to build your own truck without that silly shaft running through the truck.

This what I want: a a hydraulic driven unit running off a Chelsea PTO on an Allison.  in a van you can stand up in and walk around in that will run a constantly with one wand at least 230 degrees.   Ideally it would go into a Hino FB or other similar cab and van type unit with an Allison that you can get a hot shift PTO for.

A few of the other wants would be room for 3 blowers, RX20 vacuum wands other floor tools, 250 2" hose and solution line, lots of rinse water and lots of waist water, room for jugs and sprayers and room to hold rugs that need to go back to the plant

Please tell me what components you would use but here is my ideas so far keeping in mind that this is a Canuck truck on the wet coast and I don't really have to worry about freezing issues.

Some of my ideas are to run a diesel fired hotbox on 12v - these are capable of up to 6 gpm but you have to beef up truck batteries and alternator as these machines suck lots of juice.

I think I could salvage parts off an old Cleanco Classic that has teh blower and assorted valves, switches and panels to set up the other stuff.  What size of blower should I use.  That can be run hydraulically as well. 

The truck hydraulics probably would have about a 25 gpm budget and a hydraulic reservor of about 25 gallons and because the hydraulic pump is not pushing much I probalby could get away with out a hydraulic cooler.

I know of a couple of Alberta companies that in the past failed to market similar ideas but this stuff is not complicated.  If anyone has any good ideas of what to do and what to avoid I would appreciate hearing. I was thinking of putting this together over a 4 or 5 months on my own.   

http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply