Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

flood work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 8:46pm

Ted:  I have been waiting for years to see the add in the paper.  Water extraction and drying 2 rooms and a hall $39.95.  Hay Steamer can you hear me know???Guitar

Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

Sammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 9:02pm
Ted:  I don't mind competition.  I don't even mind renting from my compeditor as I rent to my compeditors.  The problem is there needs to be some sort of trust when you invite someone onto a job to help you out.  I think others on this forum speak louder and clearer than I do.  I also think people have better stories to tell than I do.  I think Ive made my point and as long as this discussion remains on this topic more and more people will make there opinions known about the dirty players in the industry.  Ive said enough for now.
Brian Strawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Strawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 10:18pm
TED
Supplier helping his customers or contractor helping contractor is the
only way to run a profitable business.

Most people forget all the good things we do. However it only takes one
thing you say or do that causes them to tell everyone the one bad thing
which causes so many short stories that become novels by the time it
gets back to you!!

If you start out as a team you must end as a team if you ever want to have
a great relationship you must treat each other as family. Weather it is
greed or just thinking you could out smart the other always ends in this
disaster.

This is my opinion after reading these post.
Brian Strawn
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2004 at 11:12pm

AS usual Brian is a breath of fresh air.

THE EPITOME OF THE WAY A COMPETITOR SHOULD BE!!

Glad  you are around Brian  .

Lee

We Dry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote We Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2004 at 8:58am

Well Said Brian!

Competition is a good thing...

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2004 at 4:37pm

I can't wait to tell my competition story.

KK at one time was Dri-Eaz largest Ontario distributor. We always sold at what was fair pricing to stay in business. Along came other distributors who choose to sell Dri-Eaz equipment at 10 & 15% over cost. Next time you invoice your customer try a mark-up of 15% to see how long you can survive.

Now you know why KK no longer sells new Dri-Eaz equipment. Although we still rent and deal in used, repo and reconditioned flood equipment (available to view on this site).

Now is the time to purchase new flood equipment. It is a buyers market and my competition needs the business and you can see why.
 Crying but not sour.

FooLingYu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FooLingYu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2004 at 6:39pm

doug or We Dry or anybody

I read with confusion all these letters and symbols. AMRT, ASD, CR, IICRC Supervisor, CAT etc, etc.

Could someone explain what they all mean? And I will promise to not put them behind my name.

Enquiring minds want to know.
Thanks in advance.

You sir are god damm lucky he is on a mission. He is the man from HELL.  IF YOU SEE THAT BIG OLD RAM COMEN DOWN THE TRACK YOU HAD BETTER HANG YOUR HEAD AND CRY.Guitar

I did not know how to answer who is nightrider. But you nailed it dead on with very few words.

We Dry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote We Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2004 at 7:47pm
Doug, I'll let you take this one if you want....
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2004 at 9:31pm

Sammy

I like your posts, they are short and sweet and to the point. And like me too tired to argue at night.

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2004 at 10:01pm
Its my opinion that you can not show a profit through a school. I am sure drieaz built their flood house with profits from equipment and not the school. Sounds expensive to go but you have no idea of the ongoing and hidden costs. Without profits from an off-shoot (sideline) that hopefully a school creates there would be no schools . This is not public money they are using.
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2004 at 10:03pm
If it keeps raining the way it is…this forum will become a ghost town.
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2004 at 4:48pm

Has everyone experienced the Prime Time TV ad that promotes and shows Serve Pro Techs restoring fire and floods.

Wow, do you have any idea what this TV ad must cost to advertise to 100% of the people when only maybe ¼ of 1% will even need this service (if that). If these guys are coming to Canada that should make restorers nervous.

If you have never looked at a large U.S. city yellow pages give one a browse sometime. Page after page of full-page ads for fire and floods. The biggest I have seen in the largest area of Canada is maybe a ¼ page ad. Once in awhile a full page for one year only, then out of circulation.

These U.S. guys market with a steam roller.

As I said before maybe it’s time for the smaller flood people to start an Ontario Association and band together to compete with the Giants.

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2004 at 10:32pm
Wow what happened to the flood restoration guys. They blew in like a tornado, left their damage and seems like they have dried up and gone.
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2004 at 6:49pm

These flood discussions are making my entrepreneurial mind work overtime.

Talking Out Loud
Since KK has an exceptional grip (that costs a tidy sum) on search engines. Why not create even more potential flood and fire customers to our website. Then direct them to you the contractor. This could be paid for two ways.

The contractor who chooses to purchase supplies from KK would get this service free. And those who choose to purchase elsewhere could pay a monthly fee. But, only allow those in who meet proper standards. Standards designed by the participating group. This would assure your potential customers to be treated fairly, receive quality and this would be an inexpensive way for you to generate NEW business.

I wish I woulda thought of that.

Einstein

Albert Einstein

KK is always looking at creative ways of helping our customers become successfull. We are open to discussing ways of helping anyone in this line of business.

If not interested in KK someone needs to take the initiative of creating a website to attract potential business to an association. This business is changing faster than many of us can keep up with.

Edited by Carpetologist
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>