Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

dry cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dry cleaning
    Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:27pm
do any of you do any dry cleaning.
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:33pm

Not offten....only if the customer wants an area rug done and it's on the hard wood....I have the powder you brush in and vac out...

plush velvet furniture...I love to dry clean that

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:39pm
have you ever done dry wet dry on bleeders.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:42pm

I wouldn't touch anything that bleeds....the solvent can make a mess if the colors are bleeding.

If you get a bleeder cold water washing is the best.....real cold....an air mover would help too to dry it fast

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:51pm
i've clean bleeders with dry clean solvent. but you still have to test for bleeding. but dry cleaning alone is a wast of time. so i apply dry cleaner then wet clean it then apply dry cleaner. (no bleeding) now on area rugs tha bleed i use host powder.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 7:57pm

If you pre test almost any think can be wet cleand if you watch the ph.  Dry Wet Dry was a Murry Creamer show I see once done at a Kleen Rite Seminar on Ohio about 15 or more years ago. then it was the trick for hatian cotton.  But with low moisture, heat and good chemistry and an upholstery seminar you will find most fabrics can be wet cleaned.  We only dryclean clean.  Even when we drycleaned drapery on location the same held true.  

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 8:53pm
i learned it at a course 10 years ago. but what do you do when it bleeds with every thing you try.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/March/2004 at 10:42pm
Don't clean it
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2004 at 10:32pm

Our techs all carry 2 different dye locks. One for cotton and rayon and another for wool and silk.

When you use solutions of high alkalinity colours will bleed eventually.

The other problem is that often there are fugitive dyes in new textiles. Its like cleaning new blue jeans when the blue dye runs or even crocks.

The dyelocks take care of those fugitive dyes.

Of course you can try the wet/dry/ wet, but you still need to make sure that the solvents are being properly ventilated.

We still use Capture and dry foam sometimes too.. Harry insists encapsulating furniture is effective.

OR YOU CAN FOLLOW MR. STEAMER's industry guru- like advice and not    clean it.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2004 at 10:38pm

damn right...if the set is worth 10,000 dollars./..you should charge 10% (industry standard) ...the customer doesn't want to pay that....why would you clean it for a couple hundred and risk damaging the furniture.....just because it can be cleaned...doesn't mean clean it...you have to get paid..

Let guys like Lil Hood clean it....and if it gets wrecked he can afford the 10,000 bucks to replace it.

It was a nice explanation Lilhood...but I'm sure what you said there is crap...put it layman's terms so a dummy like me can understand it.

it's illegal to quote right from the book

steamdragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2004 at 10:38pm

Don't clean it

Steamdragon the hotter the better.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2004 at 10:43pm

Thats only because you aren't in the league of people with the knowledge of how to clean these things.

By the way,

Mr. Steamer, Stanley and steamdragon===

all the same people.

Still very limited knowledge.

Some people come here to learn.

Some people come here to shout any and everyone else down.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2004 at 10:45pm
Lilhood I'm open to everything your just bitter cause you make money and don't want to admit it....you don't know who I am...but I know who you are.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2004 at 11:52pm

If you know who I am then why do you think I'm old and do 6 calls a week?

Why would you say I make money off of all my volunteer work, when the people you claim to respect, will tell you that I don't.

You see, I will not be held up to slanderous ridicule by a loud mouth by you. I read your posts for the first time in a long while tonight and just couldn't stay silent.

This is supposed to be a place to share ideas. You can try and ridicule me all you want, however I CHALLENGE YOU TO PROVE IT.

As a matter of fact for almost every class I organize, I actually have to pay for them AND if you care to place money on it I can prove it asshole.

Schmuck.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>