Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

need a new cleaning machine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2005 at 2:03pm

Well you do have to have some knowledge of engine mechanics, electrician, plumber, chemistry, fibers, marketing, communication skills etc...

Whats more, I would say it's not a dumb dumb biz... and that's why so many bomb out.................

Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2005 at 2:44pm

Most retarded people work for companies that assemble electronic parts for clocks, radios, and other products, so let's not make carpet cleaners electronic engineers or electricians .

Mixing 1 part liquid carpet cleaning soap to 3 parts water is not chemistry.

Cutting a copper pipe, tightening a clamp on a hose, or adjusting your pressure or heat does not make you a plumber.

Nylon is the most widely used carpet fibre in all carpets , therefore knowledge is limited to a small percentage of the carpet itself. I would hope if retarded people can assemble a clock a grade 8 education can memorize carpet fibres.

Unless you take your engine apart from a to z and rebuild it, you are no mechanic and if you can..............get out of the carpet business and rebuild engines.

I had a grade 3 education carpet cleaner working for me, he was 45 years old and spoke well to the customers and was very polite and was a likable person, They also train parrots to talk too, Not a Great Accomplisment.

As far as marketing is concerned, making a flyer filled with mumbo-jumbo, sticking it into a mail box does not make you a desired or qualified person to head up the marketing department of General Motors.

If any of you are offended by my remarks, it is because that truth hurts. This is a better way to make money instead of flipping hamburgers, mind you some of you might do that in the off season. I stand by my statements, let's just not make this a glorified, rocket science, certified, degreed, professional profession.

You clean carpets boys & girls, you do not have the worlds problems at your fingertips, & you do not hold the key in your pocket to nuclear distruction.

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2005 at 2:55pm

I have to agree with you Nightrider... it's not rocket science...

Most techs are dumb... thats why they don't do a good job....

it's not all about getting the carpet wet and soapy

www.mr-steamer.com
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2005 at 3:50pm

REALLY .........STEAMER............I can go back and pull all your old posts, that say the contray to what you just said now.

You used to say Tide and water cleans carpets best.

You used to boast how you just clean with water.

You used to say and still do say alot of kookie things but I'm sure all that is said is just to get a reaction from others.

Nightrider

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2005 at 3:54pm

LOL I also said.... I ain't tellin anyone sh*t.....lol

what happens if you use Hide????

seriously nightrider...mister master mind???? tell me

www.mr-steamer.com
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2005 at 4:04pm

You can't tell people things you know nothing about.

I can tell you the time but I would hardly be qualified to tell you how the clock works and all its mechanics.

I can walk and run but I am not prepared to educate you on the physical dynamics of the human anatomy.

The only reason you don't tell anyone sh*t of what you know is because what you know is limited to a series of questions of the unknown.

In other words what you know, are only questions to what you don't know, and that just about fills up your life.      

Nightrider

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2005 at 4:11pm
are you bored or something????....
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2005 at 7:31pm
this is like a soap opera???
Just My opinion
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2005 at 8:30pm

It’s a wonder we get anything done at all.  Equipment costs are astronomical, every supplier swears theirs is the only stuff that works, we get lumped in with the “bate and switch” guys, you always have to wonder who is telling you the truth.

I’m just glad that once in a while customers’ stands back in awe, like you gave them brand new carpet, and then tell their friends.

Yeah I don’t know it all, probably never will.  There are things I have learned I don’t share, but most of it has been common sense.  It’s just chemistry folks.

Surprisingly, (well maybe not) the people on this board are just like the carpet cleaners I know in person. They run the gamut of all personality types.  There are some I trust and others, oh well.

This board may not be a place you’d want your kids to visit but I’ve gotten some good stuff here.

CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2005 at 10:03pm

[Surprisingly, (well maybe not) the people on this board are just like the carpet cleaners I know in person. They run the gamut of all personality types.  There are some I trust and others, oh well.

some you trust and others ,oh well??

some you trust and others, oh well??

What the hell kind of statement is that??Hysterical

Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2005 at 10:17pm
sounded good to me
www.mr-steamer.com
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2005 at 11:21pm

Hi Advantage, I like your post, don't understand most of it, but that's probably what I like about it, so it kinda just flys over my head.

I would seriously like to know what you have learned from this forum, and by whome if you remember.

CAN YOU NAME ME 3 THINGS OF VALUED INFORMATION THAT YOU HAVE GATHERED FROM THIS FORUM.

Nightrider

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2005 at 12:52am

I have learned that HST doesn't necessarily mean Taxes

The owner of this forum is a Magician

All of the people on this forum are All Right.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2005 at 1:32am
Good one Adwa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>