Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How to bid a job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjzivko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to bid a job
    Posted: 10/June/2005 at 11:56pm
I was wondering if anybody has any advice on bidding jobs. Is it best to say that you charge 25cents a sq ft or per room.  I am still pretty new and am experimenting with how and what to charge my clients.  Any advice would be great, and please if you post a reply make sure that it is associated with my topic.....No thread hijackers!

Edited by mjzivko
Illinois Carpet Cleaning - Cleaner
A trusted Lake County, Illinois Carpet Cleaner Company

http://www.Illinois-carpet-cleaning.com
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/June/2005 at 7:07am

It is best to do a walk threw. I personally do not charge the same for everything. some areas may need more attention than others, some may need content manipulation. Estimating is like a science once you do a couple you will slowly find out what you need to get to make money. Everyone's overhead is not the same.

Note:  If I want to hijack your post I will.

Just My opinion
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2005 at 2:48pm

It is all about profit, right?

You must know your costs and that includes how long it will take you.

Walk through, exude professionalism and then give your price.

Edited by LilNiteRidrhood
dontlikedennis View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontlikedennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2005 at 4:53pm
you should make $100.00/hour.
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2005 at 5:11pm
I like $200/hr better. $100/hour was done 20 years back; there has been inflation since then. You have to stay up with the times, eh?
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2005 at 6:33pm

Originally posted by dontlikedennis dontlikedennis wrote:

you should make $100.00/hour.

For a hundred bucks I think I will hire a lawyer?

Where does this magical 100 per hour come from?

SHWN 200 per hour I hope you are the only quoting?

Maybe pinch yourself and say WAKEUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2005 at 6:57pm
We averaged $235/hr on our residential cleaning last year. Not hard to do if you are at the top of the market price wise, in Canada's richest city. Almost impossible to imagine in the GTA I suspose.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2005 at 7:23pm

Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

Almost impossible to imagine in the GTA I suspose.
Why Must SGK always talk about how impossible it is to make money in the GTA....  This is not true there are people charging very well in the GTA.

always this GTA comment... I DON'T LIKE IT!

www.mr-steamer.com
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2005 at 7:25pm
we all should be charging by the hour anyway...  people would never ask you to go over spot or move furniture if you where on their clock..lol
www.mr-steamer.com
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2005 at 7:47pm

yup,figure out your costs and go from there

@ $100 pr. hr. I'm making about $60- $70 pr.hr. wages with a TM

If I can bring in $75 pr. hr. I'm

Edited by Steaminpile
A.K.A.
Andy
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2005 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

we all should be charging by the hour anyway...  people would never ask you to go over spot or move furniture if you where on their clock..lol

Mr. Steamer people will pay you 30 cents a sq, ft. faster than they will pay 75 to 100 dollars an hr.

Just My opinion
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2005 at 9:27pm

The GTA will pay if they trust you.

Its getting in the door that is important.

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2005 at 10:44pm
Some of the people that get the same .50 to .75/sq ft I get in my business ARE in the GTA as well. But they are in the north end of it. Sorry for generalizing on this point Steamer, cause I know that there are exceptions to the rule. Unfortunatly, there are not alot of them. Only time I hear big bucks being paid there is in regard to water damage work. Then the pricing is higher than here.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/June/2005 at 10:51pm
This sounds like Red Bored Bull $hit?
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>