Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

truck mounts are sh*t

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2011 at 8:12pm
I used a portable for 10 years, I have had a truckmount for 6 months.  I will never go back to a portable....never never never never.   That being said, My Cross American porty is an important part of my business, Its a great machine and love it, Eddie V is a great guy to boot....I  use  it for upholstery and high rise jobs.

My TM has tripled my productivity and has made my life so much easier.  I will stay in this business for the rest of my life.  Call me crazy...I love carpet cleaning!  especially when you have a bad ass TM that impresses the hell out of people
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2011 at 8:17pm

What kind of bad ass TM?

Paul63 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2011 at 8:25pm
Hydramaster Boxxer 421.... 

ok here we go...Boxing
adambullet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2011 at 12:44am
hi i just wanted to ask for some advice. i need some stuff online for my truck, and this naturally includes mounts. would you be able to recommend good sources or sites? much appreciated, thanks.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2011 at 1:29am
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Wake up porty people ..... it takes longer... it's not as powerful....it's better to use a truck if you can....

25' ft of hose wouldn't get you out of the masterbedroom...50' wouldn't get you down the stairs... you have to lug that sh*t up stairs even with a vac booster...

ok get 2 vac boosters... just more crap to carry in...lol

if I'm going to go through all that trouble...i'd get a truck mount

I like that so much I said it twice

Attention!    I like that "GREAT POST" too MR. STEAMER.. 5.5yrs later..LOL! Upper

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2011 at 1:38am
Originally posted by Paul63 Paul63 wrote:

Hydramaster Boxxer 421.... 

ok here we go...Boxing

Thats great Paul.. Its nice to have a TM..Big smile Your hourly rate is higher Money Smile.
Customers pay for the gas. You add it into the bid. So your not
using more gas. Your Van is your gas guzzler not the TM.

Everyone's needs and wants are different..Stern Smile . Cool
CarpetCleanerND View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarpetCleanerND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/February/2011 at 11:50pm
I lifted and heaved a portable around for many years, it caused me to blow out 2 disks in my back, to the point where I can't do a full day of carpet cleaning anymore, I'm only 37.  My techs do the work, I supervise and can do a limited amount of cleaning, our truck mounts are a life and back saver.  Potables have their place, but if you are going to grow your operation, portables are Workman's Compensation problems waiting to happen, as well as less productive if you are doing a reasonable volume of jobs in a given day.
XtremeClean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XtremeClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2011 at 4:01am
I lol'd hard at the 2005 posts in this thread!Hysterical Thanks for that.  TM ftw.
http://www.xtremecleanpg.com - Xtreme Clean - Carpet and Furniture Cleaning

250-563-9585

"Picky, picky, picky. That's how we like our customers!"
dmreed4311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmreed4311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2011 at 6:49pm
We all know TMs rule, portys are ok but I will take myTM anyday.
Carpet cleaning brandon Fl
Carpet Doctor inc.
10903 Brucehaven Dr.
Riverview Fl 33578
813-988-7946
Ohiobass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohiobass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2011 at 3:50pm
 It sounds like TM's are the best route to go. However, I am just starting out and have not got that much cash for a huge investment that it takes to get a TM so I am looking at portables. So far the Rotovac start up kit looks good. Any other suggestions.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2011 at 9:14pm
Sounds like a plan man! Cool My friend just picked up a Ford van with a
Spitfire 3.2 (500hrs) for $2600.00 man what a deal. He also has 1 Mytee
portable and a walk behind he's been using and keeping for backup.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789