Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

any advice starting out??please!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCC Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2005 at 2:52pm

Cooper, Sometimes when pricing a job, if the client thinks its too high, I negotiate an hourly rate, then take my time. My hourly rate runs a min $100/hr and sometimes $150/hrs. It all works itself out. Cheaper jobs still pay the wages too. Don't forget you have to pay your dues.

Good Luck

H8 DIRT
Sponsored Links

JCOOPER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOOPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2005 at 4:54pm

I always knew i liked cheerleaders...

JCOOPER
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2005 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by JCOOPER JCOOPER wrote:

I always knew i liked cheerleaders...

Me too

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2005 at 6:00pm
cheerleaders too preppy for me i always like the headbangers.
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
Jodi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2005 at 5:04pm

JCOOPER I understand what you are going through hearing people that get $490 for an upholstry job etc.  My staff in the Maid Service side and the Carpet cleaning sometimes get uncomfortable with what we charge.  Sometimes jobs with house cleaning and carpet / upholstry get up around $1500 - $2000.  What I tell them is that "these people can afford this... look at their houses... never judge pricing by what you would pay or what you would afford."  You may think this is fluffy but I think that confidence is the key to higher prices.  NEVER flinch when you are giving a customer a price.  They, like animals, sense fear and will not pay.  Never judge what a customer should pay by what YOU personaly could afford.  We are all different and these people living in gated communities have a different perspective on money.  Most of them think that if it isn't expensive it isn't good.  Acutally, I get a lot of work because my prices on the phone are so much higher than a lot of other carpet cleaners.  people ask me "why are you so much more expensive?"  This is a golden opportunity to convinse them as to why our service is so valuable.

As for the marketing questions I think flyering is good as long as the flyer looks really professional.  Also another idea... what about making up some business cards (you can do it on a computer with some blanks from Staples) that say $10 off on the back.  You can leave them with the customers you clean and ask them to give them to some friends.  Tell your customers you are growing your business and ask them to help you.  I believe this is how you can make the concept of a "Chearleader" work for you.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2005 at 5:50pm
jodi..you in the cc biz??????
Jodi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2005 at 5:55pm
Yes.  Just started carpet cleaning business recently but have been in maid service for years. I license a big name in my city and have a business background.  I have learned a ton about cc recently as I have taken a bunch of IICRC classes so far and am training under a master that I hired to be my commercial account manager.  I like this board because these people make me laugh with their banter and because I learn from their serious posts.
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2005 at 6:47pm

Welcom Jodi

Glad you are enjoying the forum.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2005 at 10:08pm

which one ...

Molly Maid or Merry maid???

www.mr-steamer.com
Jodi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2005 at 10:34pm
Neither.  Servpro.  In Canada we are not a franchise though.  I am a licensee of the person who owns the name rights for Canada.  In Canada Servpro is only in Calgary.  We are not related to the US Franchise.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2005 at 10:49pm
never heard of it...
www.mr-steamer.com
Jodi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2005 at 10:54pm

Well, after all, I guess we ARE outside the GTA

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2005 at 10:58pm

I like your wit Jodi!

Mr. STEAMER is just about the GTA baby.....lol

www.mr-steamer.com
Jodi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2005 at 11:10pm

Our name was started in Calgary in 1964... about the same time Servpro US started.  We have been doing disaster restoration since that time.  I am not involved in the DR side of the business so no suicides or sewer backups for me.  We only handle very small, clean water floods, residential work and commercial work.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>