Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

any advice starting out??please!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 11:32pm
Joe Polish
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 11:43pm
nightrider whats your great plan????
www.mr-steamer.com
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 11:52pm

I'LL SHOW YOU WHEN I SET UP SHOP IN TORONTO THIS SUMMER................

NIGHTRIDER

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2005 at 11:54pm

every idea is a good Idea....

I don't like paying for customers, but this is the way it is for me...

I welcome any help you can give me

www.mr-steamer.com
Phoenixcarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenixcarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2005 at 12:02am
Im with nightrider.  You have to make profit, a substantial profit, even on your first cleaning with a customer.  If you dont then you forever lock yourself into customers that expect everything for nothing.  And guess where that gets you and your family, nowhere.  Im new to this but Im getting 3-4 calls a day and I tell them when they ask for a price that I charge a minimum service call of $100 and .30 cents a SQft.  If they bite, then I want that persons business.  If not let the other bottom feeders take em.  They will have to get 4 times the business as me in order to make as much profit.  Profit is the thing that matters, by the way, I actually be able to hire someone and pay them well in order to do the jobs and I'll be able to collect and owners wage that will be fairly hefty.  Then I can sit back and BS here all day because I could afford too.   NEVER forget to make profit every time. 
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2005 at 12:09am

No doubt Phoenix you are a quick learner.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2005 at 12:09am

Phoenix,

That's a great plan, but I think it has a couple of holes. Just my opinion though.

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2005 at 12:12am
Elaborate cmaster.
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2005 at 12:19am

Hope his market will support .30 sq ft or he won't be in business long.

If he wants to build his business, sitting here BSing all day will not do much for him.

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2005 at 12:21am

THERE ARE NO HOLES IN PHOENIX'S BUSINESS PLAN, THAT'S THE WAY HE CHOOSES TO OPERATE HIS BUSINESS.........HE'S LOOKING FOR THE CREAM. STARBUCKS COFFEE WORKS ON THOSE SAME PRINCIPALES........WHY GO THROUGH THE EXPENCE OF OFFERING A PLATE OF ASSORTED FOOD FOR A BUFFET PRICE OF $6.99 WHEN YOU CAN GET SUCKERS TO HAVE ONLY A COFFEE IN A PAPER CUP FOR $ 4.99

NIGHTRIDER

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2005 at 12:22am
Don't you think that in the States they do get a higher percentage per square foot then Canada.

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2005 at 12:23am
Oh sorry Nighrider, I didn't realize he had Starbuck's marketing team working with him. My mistake
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2005 at 12:27am

YOU DON'T NEED STARBUCKS MARKETING TEAM ......YOU JUST NEED ME NIGHTRIDER...........MAYBE I DID THE MARKETING FOR STARBUCKS CANADA

NIGHTRIDER

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/April/2005 at 12:36am
Maybe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>