Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Create and Participate in Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

IICRC CERTIFICATION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: knowing nothing about CC who would you want in your home??
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [58.82%]
3 [8.82%]
11 [32.35%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IICRC CERTIFICATION
    Posted: 17/March/2004 at 4:40pm

We need to educate

Sponsored Links

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 10:30pm
Your right Stanley, it is the only way to advance!!!
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 11:14pm

Where we going

NIGHTRIDER

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 10:30am
Why is it that only people who are not certified for what every reason keep quesioning certification? Do mechanics, plumbers soon insurance companies will only insure certified coimpanies.  Someone has to prove that they were compentant at one time in their life.
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 10:39am
Your right Doug, but ignorance is bliss. It's like knocking two heads together to try to get these guys better educated.   
gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2004 at 9:43pm
I think having the piece of paper is important but nothing will teach an individual like hands on training.
If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2005 at 6:39pm

Paper doesn't clean the carpet.  Applied education with experience and cleaning like it's yours does.

CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

STEAMPRO View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STEAMPRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2007 at 5:17pm
ClapCry
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2007 at 10:53pm
Average client lacks the knowledge to know what significance there is in a certification.

I'm certified.  I am not nuts and I have the papers that say I am not what I was once.

Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Refined View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Refined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2008 at 8:57pm
In my area I know of no way of getting CERT. There is one guy in my area that is, and I clean up after him all the time. Having the CERT one thing but following what your learn is another.

I would get the CERT if i could afford it and if I could in my area.
-Refined Carpet Cleaning
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2008 at 5:44pm
You might want to google Jeff Cross and see what online courses he has.  But if you have been cleaning carpets for a long time and doing it right google ICCA (independent carpet cleaners association). $30/yr, no tests.  I did the cert thing once, figured out what they were teaching was based on what I have learned in over 35 years of cleaning, and decided the ICCA was more my cup of tea.

Somewhere in one of my computers is a manual pre-dating the ICRC tech manual and it was written about 25 years ago.  You can find it on the web too.  I can't remember the search string I did, but I did use google.

Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Refined View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Refined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2008 at 7:13pm
Thanks!
-Refined Carpet Cleaning
prouddadx3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prouddadx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2008 at 10:45pm
Hey Germs,
Knowledge is power and money. The odds of you selling a job or adding more sales to a job go up as your education goes up. The more industry terms you understand, the greater your grasp of simple chemistry and the four elements of cleaning, the better able you will be to clean the carpet and convince your client that they need you. Every class I have taken has been worthwhile. If you own a Million dollar home, who would you trust an IICRC Master Technician or a cleaner who can't answer my questions about my carpet? At the same time experience is just as valuable. Their are cleaners who have been cleaning and doing water restoration wrong for 25 years.
stra808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stra808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/May/2011 at 1:53pm
I believe in getting certified,but feel that before one can receive a certificate they must show at least one year of working in the industry for a qualified company. I have redone and or fixed several certified techs jobs thru the years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>