Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

A story I found

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A story I found
    Posted: 27/January/2005 at 11:29pm
Would you?????
Worst Cleanup

So you think your carpets are dirty?  Chances are I have cleaned much much worse.  There was one time I was called to do a cleanup on a trailer that had
been left derelict for many months.  There was 25 cats living in there, who had been sharing the space with a family of raccoons.  The owner never cleaned or picked up anything the entire time living there some of the animals died in there while he was away.

When I got there, I had to wear an antiviral resporator just to enter the trailer.  It was a nightmare.  Garbage, feces, waste, old clothing, you name it! Was piled up waist deep throughout the trailer.  Underneath all that, including cat litter and cat litter bags in huge piles on the furniture the carpet itself was completely covered in feces from one end to the other.  There was no place on the carpet you could step without stepping on it.

Moving chairs and couches out, behind them the piles were deeper, you could not see the carpet for the feces, and plastic bags with pools of urine.  I literally used a flat crowbar to dislodge the piles of feces from the carpet.  The vacuum cleaner I used could no longer be used in any other customer's home, then several shampoos to extract dirt, urine and feces from the carpet.

Finally, after removing all garbage and cleaning the carpets, I applied antimicrobial in heavy concentration, followed by industrial strength deodorizer. (Stuff too strong to use in a regular household situation)  I repeated this process several times and finally made the trailer "breathable".  We also did some janitorial work, sanitizing and cleaning the walls, counters and all hard surfaces including removing food and cleaning the fridge and freezer, the list goes on and on, I also had to clean all the upholstery.

The owners, neighbors and anyone else that witnessed the finished result were completely amazed at the end result.  You could now enter the trailer without a mask and move around, with no trace of urine or feces anywhere. If you had no sense of smell to the deodorizer and remnant urine/feces/mold/bacteria and were just looking at a picture, you would swear this was a brand new, very tidy trailer.  The trailer looked "better than when they first bought it" was my testimonial.

I did not hesitate to explain that although the "clean up" had been done, this trailer was still not safe or healthy to live in, but at least was at a stage where a flooring and restoration company could enter and work there to do the rest of what needed to be done, like removing carpets for replacement and such. The way it was before, no company other than a disaster restoration would even consider entering this premises.

Most carpet cleaners would have refused this job, but no job is too dirty, and I actually take pride in taking on a challenge, no matter how great.  Of course I had to charge quite a bit more than a regular carpet cleaning for this job, but
as the owner said, it was "well worth it".
www.mr-steamer.com
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 12:18am

first of all... I ain't using any of my equipment on that much pet doodoo

There are some sick puppies out there... in more ways than one

www.mr-steamer.com
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 12:30am
You can have jobs like that Mr. Steamer. The worst I have ever done is not as bad as that one. It only was a LR where 89 dogs lived that was used as a kennel. Carpet was never cleaned for 10 years either, but it never got "waist deep"in the feces. I also had to wear a respirator. Lady died, and relatives were needing to sell the house, so I cleaned it. That was 20 years back, and I charged alot of money to do it and got about the same results you described, but had them sign off on liability for the job. Would never do one like it again.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 12:33am
It wasn't me.... it's a guy up in GodURich... dougs country
www.mr-steamer.com
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 12:54am
Waist deep sounds kind of deep to me.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 2:16pm

I had one customer that lied to me .... they said it was chocolate cake... one hit with the wand and I was out of there...

left the carpet wet and all...

haven't been able to eat chocolate cake since

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 2:21pm
Why did you do a taste test???Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 2:40pm
the smell went right up my nose
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 3:02pm
That can be deceiving?Guitar
Just My opinion
Harry View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 3:59pm
Steamer, who do you think you're addressing here,
a bunch of  interior designers ?

"Chances are I have cleaned much much worse."

Why are so many cc'ers so full of bs ?

And so prone to exagerate about how much crap they've waded thru ?

Next time, why don't you take some pictures instead of painting them.

IMO, Every cc'er has had his fill of gross jobs and most move beyond those kind of jobs.

Be Juan in a Million - be a Leatherwright.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

It wasn't me.... it's a guy up in GodURich... dougs country
Harry please read all the posts before you put your foot in your mouth
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 6:21pm
Mr. Steamer:  Harry is on to you??Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 8:20pm
I don't know why I'm not his type
www.mr-steamer.com
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2005 at 8:21pm

Superglide Ken
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner
SGK

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 28 January 2005 at 12:30am | IP Logged Report Post Quote Superglide Ken

You can have jobs like that Mr. Steamer. The worst I have ever done is not as bad as that one. It only was a LR where 89 dogs lived that was used as a kennel. Carpet was never cleaned for 10 years either

Well this pic only has 44... LESS than half as many dogs PLUS they are as small as rats..

Something tells me Kenny, you are full of $$it again!!

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>