Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Do you run your bisiness or does you busi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2004 at 6:00pm
Personality does go a long way.  Why does one guy sell more Nash Ramblers off the lot then his co-workers?  Personality, charm, sales-ability....

It's the guy selling hundreds of second-hand Ford Pintos because of their safety features that scares me....

-Allen

Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2004 at 6:43pm

LOL... We it's good to see a few post...  I might be the best in my own mind... but I don't doubt that I am...   I just listen to the customers... they tell me..

You could be educated and be a grand master like doug.... yes it great.. I don't knock doug... nothing is wrong with learning.. but let the truth be told theory, will never beat out practical.  Yes I can read in a book the workings of an engine, but actually pull one apart...

I understand that is a scary world out here in carpet land, but trust me education will only give you the basics.... working will give you the experience....

I could sit here and quote from my IICRC hand books but I don't anyone can recall information.... I tell you what I have experienced.

You ask me and I'll tell you what has happened to me..

BTW Allen I'm cool...and I'll never stop thinking, believing and striving to be the best...

y'all take course to be the best.... I just look at the smile on the customers face... that's all I need

CAN YOU SMEEELLLLL!!!!!what the Steamer is Steamin

you're free to barff now......lol

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2004 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Joel Joel wrote:

Mr. Steamer claims to be the best.

Mr. Steamer doesn't take out stains or want to educate himself, yet claims to be the best.

I am new here can someone enlighten me?

What am I missing?

I'd like to see you try and take out red dye number four on carpet... for your information thats a stain buddy...   Permanent maker soaked in.... thats a stain buddy... filtration around the edges ...thats a stain buddy....

look up the definition of "stain" and then get back to me joel...buddy

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2004 at 10:03pm

I run the business..................I think

Pretty dang hard to get a day off though,,,so I'm not quite sure LOL

Make WAY more money than I did working for someone else,,,for the first time in my life I'm planning a trip to Hawaii this winter

but ssshhhh........................the wife doesn't know it yet

Joel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2004 at 12:25am

I also thought a stain was a spot that was neglected.

Mr. Steamer it just seems that you are proud of not trying to enlighten yourself and then call yourself the best.

I just don't understand.

What is the IICRC anyways?

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2004 at 2:27am
Institute of Inspection,Cleaning and Restoration Certifications
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2004 at 4:36am
Joel,

Despite all my 'ragging' on Mr. Steamer, I imagine that he would have a strong client base.  There are different types of carpet cleaners, just as there are different types of... say... resturants.  McDonalds' ain't never going broke, but that expensive seafood place just may.  There's no shame in being part of a succesful franchise, as long as you've got your wits about you.  I'm not saying Mr. Steamer IS the McDonald's of carpet cleaning... I'm just trying to make a point.  There is also a place for the up-market professional, and many variations in between.

Mr. Steamer does have knowledge.  I dunno if he's done any book learnin' but you can't be in the industry for so long without knowing SOMETHING!

I still won't leave him alone... It's not in my nature... but I would expect that most of his learning came at a time when customers were not as educated about the market as they are now.  I suggest STRONGLY that anyone starting up has to get the theory behind them AS WELL as experience (to whatever degree possible).

Welcome to the forum. 

-Allen

Edited by surroundings
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2004 at 7:07am
Joel:  Mr Steamer will explain all the benefits of the IICRC.  It is one of his favourite topics.  I would like to help you out, But I am just a cleaner from a one horse town and not quite as versed as Mr. Steamer.Guitar
Just My opinion
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2004 at 9:52am

Joel

Go to our home page, click on the IICRC and scroll down the page. This is were you will find everything you need to know about the IICRC.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2004 at 9:57pm

Joel buddy...  I am IICRC certified.... when I first got into this business like you... I wanted to learn everything I could... I went to a lot of classes took a few cec's.... my biggest problem with the IICRC was they haven't really done anything for the members... you get one news letter a year and thats it...

thats why I'm pissed off... plus anything I learned came from my experience on the road.... it's great back up info...but you won't learn everything there is to know from the classes...it comes with handling customers....and their carpets and upholstery..

Customers don't care what you can quote from the IICRC hand book THEY WANT TO SEE RESULTS and if you can't give them that you'll be out of business in no time

Edited by MR. STEAMER
Suction View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2004 at 10:14pm

speaking as a customer who use to get his carpets cleaned everytime.  I think Steamer is right.  Customers don't really think of carpet cleaning as being technical.  Why?  well because you can rent a machine at the quickie Mart.  I just look at the work done, and of course wait until it dries.

reading through this forum. I think doug and Mr. Steamer give good entertaining information, all you have to do is pick through it.  Allen I find too smart for CC, at least thats how he plays it.

thanks for all the replies to a newbies post

steamdragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steamdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2004 at 10:26pm

Mrs. Steamer , I have learned so much from your posts. Thanks!

soap and water  and service, service, service!!

you should start your own classes

Steamdragon the hotter the better.
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2004 at 1:21am
Suction:

Don't confuse a verbose person with an intellegent one.  A smart ass?  Oh yeah. 

-Allen

Suction View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2004 at 6:36pm

Allen...... your post are long and long winded.  This is your shortest post ever.  What Mr. Steamer say is right, I think you just copy everything you say right out of the book.

I'm a weekend carpet warrior, I just do this part time for some quick cash.

Water, Formula 77, and go go go.  I guess I'm in the low end of things.  I have not yet come across a wall to wall wool carpet. but then again I've only done 50 or so calls.

I believe what Steamer says, when he says the more calls you do the better you get.

from my first to my last call there has been a very big improvement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>